Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
We're sorry, there's been some sort of problem! Please go back and try again, or contact us.

Wow, what a fantastic site. :rolleyes: I'll go back later and have another look, but I *highly* doubt it will be able to produce 4MP quality photos with a 2MP camera.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
I can barley read the larger text, so it doesn't improve it enough for me. If it's free I might give it a shot, if it wants me to buy a code, well. Maybe not.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
That is a small part of a large picture though - its zoomed in at 200/300% to show the difference. Think that part of the software is free anyway. Other modes are in 15 day trial.

Original image: http://echopic.com/49mb

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
I think its the link: Just click home. Its picked up the )? as part of the link.

Edit: I've edited the link now! It was my fault :)

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
There is, if I recall correctly, an app store available app thought for panoramas, as it helps you stitch together pictures on the go, guess it could work as well.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Its not for panoramas - it somehow take 6 images then takes different "details" from those images from what I can gather.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Aren't there apps in the App Store that help you get a clearer image? I'd much rather pay for an app store app than a jailbreak one.

Well they try and reduce camera shake, but this appears to be doing something more from what I can see?

jrpowers

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
More ClearCam info

I'm one of the developers, so I just wanted to clear up a couple of things!

You can use the rapid-fire and 4-megapixel mode for free, indefinitely. But the catch is you can only have one photo in the queue at once. You also can't use QuickShot, which rapidly takes 4 photos (in less than 2 seconds usually) and selects the sharpest photo. This mode is very helpful for photos of people, for instance, and it's just as fast as the default camera app.

(All of the features are unlocked in the 15-day trial mode. You just press 'Begin a free trial' in the app to start that. No other info needed... so definitely try that out!)

I'm not sure what the problems were with loading the site, but I hope they're resolved now. Unfortunately it looks like the BigBoss repository (where we host ClearCam) is down right now so nobody can install at the moment. :(

jrpowers

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
ClearCam update 1.0.1

One more thing -- if anybody experienced crashes during the countdown, and an inability to unlock the free trial, you might want to try the update which should appear tonight. It should fix all of these problems.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
The way the app combines images is sort of like HDR, any plans to add this kind of feature? Any plans for any other new features?

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Just got the 1.0.1 update. It still crashes, and it still says server error when attempting free trial.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
One more thing -- if anybody experienced crashes during the countdown, and an inability to unlock the free trial, you might want to try the update which should appear tonight. It should fix all of these problems.
Looks to be a great app. I tried version 1.0.0 when it first came out and it worked (in demo version) great. I have since updated to 1.0.2 which presumably fixed crashing issues that some appeared to experience with 1.0.0 (not me), and now 1.0.2 crashes during the countdown at 2 in enhanced mode (still using demo).

I don't know what magic you've applied to the update, but you may want to reconsider it, or at least make it so that I can get 1.0.0 back. :confused:

jrpowers

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
I have since updated to 1.0.2 which presumably fixed crashing issues that some appeared to experience with 1.0.0 (not me), and now 1.0.2 crashes during the countdown at 2 in enhanced mode (still using demo).
:confused:

That's exactly what we tried to solve with 1.0.2! Sorry you're having trouble. Here's something to try (1.0.2+ only) if you have SSH access:

cd /var/mobile/Library
mkdir ClearCam
chmod 755 ClearCam

Let me know if that works!

jrpowers

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
The way the app combines images is sort of like HDR, any plans to add this kind of feature? Any plans for any other new features?

We do have some plans, but nothing announced yet :) You're right that HDR is a perfect candidate. However, we can't quite pull off HDR unless we find a way to trigger a bracketed exposure. Despite doing a LOT of work to get the camera to go fast, we haven't been able to control exposure. If anyone knows of a way to do this, we're very interested.

TJisYeah

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
this app deff takes better pictures .. and i would much rater pay for a jailbroken app than an appstore app.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
It might be cool there was an option to automatically align and enhance images after taking a picture - so you just snap and a higher res image is saved to the roll.

djbrotherson

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2009
Get it from the xsellize source ;)

Mine works perfect, the pictures take a while to "enhance"

There's a noticible difference however the quality isn't mind blowing or anything

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
That's exactly what we tried to solve with 1.0.2! Sorry you're having trouble. Here's something to try (1.0.2+ only) if you have SSH access:

cd /var/mobile/Library
mkdir ClearCam
chmod 755 ClearCam

Let me know if that works!
Sorry. Still no luck after doing the above. :(
I should have stuck to version 1.0.0.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
jrpowers,
Quick update on my issue.
Now that Cydia's repos seem to be working, I've managed to un-install version 1.0.2, ssh'ed into my iPhone and removed everything related to ClearCam. I have now reinstalled 1.0.2 and... wait for it...
NO MORE CRASHES :)

So I do apologise for having sent you on a wild goose chase.

Now if you guys could add an option to turn off the shutter click noise, you'll get yourself a paying customer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.