ClearDock won't stay working.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iEugene, Apr 13, 2007.

1. iEugene macrumors regular

iEugene

Hey folks, I've been using ClearDock for months now and have had not one complaint (love it)...... until recently..... I hope someone can help because this is extremely frustrating.

Okay, so those who have ClearDock know that when you install it, you also install Application Enhancer. Then enable clear dock, set your preferences, and boom it should work. It did this for me for MONTHS without a single error (had my dock clear). Then one day out of the blue I started up my Mac and noticed that the dock background color was back to the default. Confused, I checked the Application Enhancer preferences and noticed that nothing was turned off, nothing was switched from any other time I've used it...No matter how many times I tried to re-use ClearDock it refused to change my dock again. I disabled Application Enhancer many times, restarted with it on and without it on many times, and ultimatley couldn't find the problem so I uninstalled it.

Recently I decided to give it another shot, and once again it worked. However when I completely power down my computer and then power up the dock is (8 times out of 10) back to the default, no matter what....I cannot get it to stay at what I set it to (even though everything is checked to EXACTLY how it was when I powered down with my dock customized).

My friend who own's a MacBook has ClearDock (we got it on the same day) and he has never had an error, never has the defaults just been restored just out of thin air. This is incredibly annoying as I had grown familliar with the absence of the dock border (personally find it tacky after having it clear for so long). This doesn't make sense.

The ONLY way to get ClearDock to work is to completley uninstall it, wait a day or so (so it seems) reinstall it, play with it over and over again and finally it will work, but only until I power down....I don't know if there is something that is automatically not enabling it to run (when my Mac starts up I have Adium, iChat and Dashboard open up right away, nothing else) or some type of error.............Even playing with it over and over, (meaning, attempting to make the dock clear by changing the basic settings of clicking the checkbox to make it clear or visible on and off, all that does is change my background, because I have it set to change when I wake from sleep, but still will not change the dock.)

Thanks if you read all that, I hope to hear from you guys.

2. iEugene thread starter macrumors regular

iEugene

3. mattportner macrumors member

Not Sure...

I don't really have any idea how that could have happened.

Here is my advice to you:

Uninstall clear dock.
    Go to this link: click here
    and download TransparentDock.app
    It's freeware and it works flawlessly... :rolleyes:
    my dock is clear... it's so flippin' rad.