Clearing Cydia Queue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by clumsythief83, Oct 3, 2010.

1. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have this annoying problem with Cydia. I have an app (LockInfo), that cannot install correctly sitting in my queue. I already have LockInfo, but it wanted to re-install it because I downloaded a Lockinfo theme and the Lockinfo app came in with it. Now, everytime I try to install something else on Cydia, it would always try to install Lockinfo at first and it fails everytime (error message "trying to overwrite..."). The other app that I would like to install won't install at all because of it. I tried to remove the queue but doesn't seem to work. I can see that the LockInfo is highlight in green and when I try to modify, it would attempt to re-install it instead. Very annoying, since I cannot install anything else with Cydia. Is there any solution for it?

Thanks.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Something doesn't add up, LockInfo is not bundel with any Theme by the developer, if you are trying to install a theme that it "said" that it comes with LockInfo, I believe this have to be something else on that deb package. Maybe even something harmful.

Are you getting this new "theme+LockInfo" bundel from a well known repo? based on your description Cydia seen to be trying to fix a mess that the other package caused, I would be careful if were you and contact david (LockInfo developer)

3. link575 macrumors newbie

I don't think it's him. I actually just recently encountered the same problem. I downgrade my mobilesubstrate to 3209 because of the battery issue. I accidentally upgraded yesterday, but now I have ms 3228 in my queue and I can't clear it.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Manage > Queue > Cancel/Queue > Cancel and Clear.

5. clumsythief83 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have this option in Cydia

6. link575 macrumors newbie

yea i dont have that either. at least not the pathway you mentioned. If I go to the upgrade and click modify>clear>cancel/queue>cancel and clear it doesnt go away still. It just says reloading data and stays queued

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think you are confusing an upgrade listed in Changes with a queued package. If Cydia is offering you an upgrade that you can't install, you can just ignore it and install other upgrades one at a time. You won't be able to upgrade using the "Upgrade" button in Changes, but it won't prevent you installing other packages.

8. link575 macrumors newbie

No I don't believe I'm mistaken. While I can upgrade individually, no matter what I install, even if it doesn't use mobile substrate, it will make me upgrade the ms first. It's not a problem now but if I ever want to update anything else it will make me do that then I'll have to ssh and downgrade again.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Thats because Cydia alway check for the most current version of MS as dependency. you should give a try to latest one, I haven't really got any issues with it.

10. link575 macrumors newbie

Yea I guess I'll try it since I can always downgrade. It's just strange because I've had 3209 for a while and only encountered that problem after I accidentally updated and then downgraded.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I always find that messing with MS always lead to issues, but that's what Jailbreak it for, do as you wish kind of thing ;)

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You said that your issue was with LockInfo, not MobileSubstrate. So which is it?

13. jmack549 macrumors 6502

I don't know which his is, but I can confirm I've had this problem. Mine was also with LockInfo, but I don't think it's a LockInfo issue, rather Cydia.

I had LockInfo, and something wasn't working correctly on it, I think the weather plugin. I went to uninstall it, and it gave me and error halfway through and stopped. For about a week, it stayed queued, and every time I would try to reinstall it it would give me an overwrite error and stop. Also, it would stay in the queue ahead of everything else, so I was unable to install anything else. I couldn't remove it from my queue either, it would just try to reinstall it for some reason.

Keep in mind this was a legit, purchased copy of LockInfo, before everyone starts yelling "OMG IT MUST HAVE BEEN CRACKED!". Anyways, long story short the issue just disappeared one day. I honestly have no idea what happened, I went to install something else about a week later and it installed LockInfo again correctly.

14. link575 macrumors newbie

No I have a problem with ms the OP had a problem with lockinfo

15. No1Smitty macrumors newbie

Lockinfo queue

I am having the exact issue clumsy. I have lockinfo stuck in my queue and can't install anything else. Did you ever solve this problem? If so how ?