Clearing Firefox's TOTAL website history? Possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I can clear the private data from Firefox and it clears my website history from the drop down box and whatnot, but when I open up Quicksilver and search for Firefox's catalog it still has 300+ websites that I visited since I first downloaded Firefox on my Mac and they won't go away.

There is lots of websites I never go to again and had to use for college classes that I don't want included in my searches for QS. I know I can manually go in and uncheck all the websites I don't want to be included in the search but why can't I just delete them from the list in QS? Or even better, why can't I just clear Firefox's entire catalog so that it starts fresh for QS to start collecting?

Is there a way to clear this? Or are these websites always going to be a part of my computer and I'll never be able to get rid of them? Do I have to uninstall and install again? Buy a new computer?! LOL.

Thanks everyone.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

can you post a screenshot of clear private data panel of your firefox? I just wonder if you checked all the stuff there.

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know how to post a screenshot. But the only thing I don't have checked is Saved Passwords.

EDIT: Simple google search -

[​IMG]

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Screen shots:

Shift CMD (apple key) 3 - Gives you a full screen/resolution screen capture

Shift CMD 4 - Allows you select a specific area to capture; just use the crosshairs to select a rectangle area and after you release the mouse button it will capture that selected region

I presume the Saved Passwords section of the "Clear Private Data" is grayed out or unselectable?

If so its because you probably do not have "Save Passwords" or a "master password" set in the FireFox preferences.
    Firefox > Preferences > Security Tab - if the "Saved Passwords" check box is unchecked and the "Master Pssword" box is unchecked this is why you will be unable to select it as its not saving any passwords.

If you are still having website logs, you may want to change how many days FireFox remembers visting those pages. sometimes in the event of cleaning the cache it will still have some site logs.

hope that was of some assistance.

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the help but I actually did a simple Google search and found how to take screenshots (kind of excited).

Also, I have Firefox keeping it's website history for 15 days. Most of the websites Quicksilver finds are from 6 months ago during school.