Clearing out history?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Strom1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Strom1 macrumors regular

Strom1

I noticed that my iMac was slowing down a little bit i cleared history and it seems faster.Does clearing out the history periodically make the computer navigate online faster?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've noticed when I clear out safari it runs a little faster so I usually clear it out everynight just to keep things clean.

Bless

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I wouldn't think just clearing out the history would make it faster, but resetting Safari does. You can delete all the temporary internet files, cookies, etc. You can reset Safari by clicking on Safari on the menu bar, and then select Reset Safari. You can check or uncheck things you want reset.

4. mrsollars macrumors regular

when i went to the apple store for a permissions issue, the genius said that they thought that safari was running slow.

she opened up some folder extensions....not too sure how she got to them, but when she did she selected 4 or 5 extensions or filenames or something, dragged them to the trash, emptied it, and then it was like a whole new computer. safari FLEW. i asked what she did and ''it's hard to explain, something i learned from working on these for 15 years''. she wouldn't show me again (they WERE busy....but still, it was incredible)

any ideas folks??