clearing page info links?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seablue, Aug 17, 2007.

1. seablue macrumors regular

Is there a way to clear out the page info links? I have a whole mess of stuff in there. But can't find a way to clear them out.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Which "page info" are you talking about? Please give more details about the nature of your problem.

3. seablue thread starter macrumors regular

Say you've got a browser open to macrumors - go up to Tools then click on page info then click on the links tab -- see what comes up - ALOT. Is there a way to clear all that out?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Those are all links that the current page you're viewing links to. You have no control of this unless you're the owner of that web site. Why would you need to clear those anyways?

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

Ok, you're talking about Firefox specifically; Camino's Page Info option is basic, and Safari doesn't even have one.

Regardless, the answer is the same--that's information about an external document, not something you have any control whatsoever over (though even if you did, I'm not clear on why you'd want to remove it). Asking how to clear it is sort of like renting a video and asking how to throw away the box that the rental place keeps on its shelf--you have no control over it, and its existence doesn't affect you one way or the other.

If it bothers you, you could always switch to Safari, which won't show you that data. Odd, though, since I've been developing websites since the dotcom era, and have only looked at that maybe once, and even then only by accident.

6. seablue thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, ok, I get it now. No reason to get rid of them. I just thought maybe they were taking up "space" I've done some "house cleaning" and just want extras that I don't need - gone. But I had no idea it was part of the website itself.
    And yes, I'm using Firefox.