Clearing Previous App Install Memory/Settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kayan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Kayan macrumors 6502

I have just installed the Sara 0.2 (Siri-like JB app) and it keeps crashing on me when I use it. I think the problem is that I enabled a certain setting that I would really like to undo, however, I can't access the settings without the app crashing. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but whenever I reinstall the app and open it, the setting is already pre-configured to what I changed it to before. How is this? Is there anyway to completely remove the app and it's previous settings so that I can try to debug this problem more?

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Maybe after you delete the app, you can try running iCleaner. Maybe that'll get rid of the leftover settings files from Sara.

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

How safe/reliable is iCleaner?

4. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

iCleaner made my device run MISERABLY after every time I used it. I don't trust it. But some people have had better experiences using it than I have. It's what I was looking for, but wasn't performing like I hoped.

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I run it once a month on its "default" settings and have never had a problem. If you start messing with the settings and you don't know what you're doing, you are in for a world of hurt. But the default settings is very straightforward and shouldn't harm anything.

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

If you have springtomize 2 you can going to Settings/Springtomize/More/Settings Files and delete the .plist file.

7. iToNe24 macrumors regular

8. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thx for this.