Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Hey guys,

So I saw this at Best Buy and I wanted to see if anyone tried this? Apparently they cut the SP right there and apply it. Lifetime warranty, no fee for replacement or reinstall fee.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,495

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Interesting. May have to check this out too. Curious how they can do it in the store without getting dust under the film. I'm pretty anal about that.

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
I am a Best Buy employee and clearplex is amazing with persise fitting for whatever device you're getting. Can be cut and used for almost anything Macbook Pro displays, and not as widely used phones as the one plus one

TonyGstring

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
'Murica
I am a Best Buy employee and clearplex is amazing with persise fitting for whatever device you're getting. Can be cut and used for almost anything Macbook Pro displays, and not as widely used phones as the one plus one

interesting. do they have templates or come pre cutout for iphones like the picture in the ad from the manufacture, or do i have to rely on an employee to do the cut?

no offense, as this just pertains to my local store, but competence + BB = oxymoron

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014

Is it just for the screen or can it be applied to the back instead of the front?

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Is it just for the screen or can it be applied to the back instead of the front?

Follow the link

----------

I'm left wondering why they did not fire a bullet at the phone or why they did not peel the multiple hit shot in the ip5 behind the scenes video

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
One other thing….

Even the iPhone does not have a glass like surface. Its an Oleophobic one. So unless this stuff is oleophobic it will not have the same feel as an iPad.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I'm going to my local BB today to check it out. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
My BB didn't know what it was. They recommended Zagg Glass.

Whenever I search it via Google, it always gives me the Best Buy Canada website. I'm wondering if it's an exclusive up there. Could be wrong though.

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
interesting. do they have templates or come pre cutout for iphones like the picture in the ad from the manufacture, or do i have to rely on an employee to do the cut?

no offense, as this just pertains to my local store, but competence + BB = oxymoron

Well its geek squads job to do the clearplex install and they have a machine that makes the cut out

jackwins

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
I called two other BB's in my area and they never heard of Clearplex. I went with a Zagg HDX back and a Zagg Glass front

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I'm more interested in them coming to my home and installing Norton for $220:eek:.

TonyGstring

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
'Murica
They can also do the back if you would like

how much extra? i hope its not the same price as the front..

I'm more interested in them coming to my home and installing Norton for $220:eek:.

jesus christ, i hope that's a joke. then another $220 for them to remove it. to be fair, norton has gotten better by reducing bloatware and the amount of memory their AV is infamous for hogging. just cause norton used to be decent back in the 90's and gave people a "safe" feeling, doesn't mean it's the holy grail of protection.

even if it contributed to the problem or goes against my advice, the amount of computers i fix that come with and must leave w/ norton (customer demand) is ridiculous. these freakin baby boomer dinosaurs need to adapt.
/end rant

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
how much extra? i hope its not the same price as the front..

jesus christ, i hope that's a joke. then another $220 for them to remove it. to be fair, norton has gotten better by reducing bloatware and the amount of memory their AV is infamous for hogging. just cause norton used to be decent back in the 90's and gave people a "safe" feeling, doesn't mean it's the holy grail of protection.

even if it contributed to the problem or goes against my advice, the amount of computers i fix that come with and must leave w/ norton (customer demand) is ridiculous. these freakin baby boomer dinosaurs need to adapt.
/end rant

To be honest, I don't really know since its a question not asked often. But I know we do it and I doubt it would cost as much as the front

TonyGstring

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
'Murica
To be honest, I don't really know since its a question not asked often. But I know we do it and I doubt it would cost as much as the front

cool. appreciate the info and fast replies, you've been extremely helpful. would love to hear your thoughts of this on an iphone 6. gonna be picking up a moshi iglaze armour at BB this week (and for manager screwing up COD AW purchase w/ GCU), so will look into the clearplex.

wish i had someone like u working at my local store...

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
cool. appreciate the info and fast replies, you've been extremely helpful. would love to hear your thoughts of this on an iphone 6. gonna be picking up a moshi iglaze armour at BB this week (and for manager screwing up COD AW purchase w/ GCU), so will look into the clearplex.

wish i had someone like u working at my local store...

Well I don't work mobile (I totally want to btw) I do really like the iPhone 6, its my first iPhone in a few years (coming from many android phones as of late ex. LG G3, HTC One M8.) Not that I prefered Android over iOS(both great AND weak in their own accords), it is just that I enjoy 3rd party keyboards and bigger screens; now that Apple posesses this with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus and living in a Apple centric ecosystem made everything sync (with iOS 8 and Yosesmite especially)

Note sure what I was thinking when I was righting above, but I did spend 20 minutes writing it on my iPhone; so I will just roll with it.

OVERALL:
the iPhone 6 is a great phone, I love the design, I love iOS 8 and all its features it brings to bring to to par with android, I love the the accessory market it has (which bestbuy has a massive selection online and in store) I also love how applications just better on iOS compared to android. Only thing I don't like about the iPhone 6 is the battery life; its okay. Not great okay, might be becuase I am a heavy power user but thats how I see the battery life

TonyGstring

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
'Murica
Well I don't work mobile (I totally want to btw) I do really like the iPhone 6, its my first iPhone in a few years (coming from many android phones as of late ex. LG G3, HTC One M8.) Not that I prefered Android over iOS(both great AND weak in their own accords), it is just that I enjoy 3rd party keyboards and bigger screens; now that Apple posesses this with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus and living in a Apple centric ecosystem made everything sync (with iOS 8 and Yosesmite especially)

Note sure what I was thinking when I was righting above, but I did spend 20 minutes writing it on my iPhone; so I will just roll with it.

OVERALL:
the iPhone 6 is a great phone, I love the design, I love iOS 8 and all its features it brings to bring to to par with android, I love the the accessory market it has (which bestbuy has a massive selection online and in store) I also love how applications just better on iOS compared to android. Only thing I don't like about the iPhone 6 is the battery life; its okay. Not great okay, might be becuase I am a heavy power user but thats how I see the battery life

IIRC, mobile works on commission when i was gonna work for geek squad years ago. personally hate sales, but whatever floats your boat.

i also came over from android, and this is the only apple product i use. i loved swype/swiftkey, and it was the hardest feature to lose going to apple and all their proprietary B.S., so def looking forward to that as my 4 is still on ios 7. surprised you say that about battery life, android was notorious for pretty bad battery life w/o shutting off everything under the sun and doing all these tweaks, at least when i was using it.

my question was actually in regards to the clearplex installed on an iphone 6, rather than the phone itself, but decided i will just roll with it ;P

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
IIRC, mobile works on commission when i was gonna work for geek squad years ago. personally hate sales, but whatever floats your boat.

i also came over from android, and this is the only apple product i use. i loved swype/swiftkey, and it was the hardest feature to lose going to apple and all their proprietary B.S., so def looking forward to that as my 4 is still on ios 7. surprised you say that about battery life, android was notorious for pretty bad battery life w/o shutting off everything under the sun and doing all these tweaks, at least when i was using it.

my question was actually in regards to the clearplex installed on an iphone 6, rather than the phone itself, but decided i will just roll with it ;P

My mistake totally misread, but its fine but I do prefer glass screen protectors; using zagg glass now (with some lift on the edges)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.