Cleveland OH verizon XLTE speeds ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elykoj, Feb 5, 2015.

1. elykoj macrumors regular

Can anyone in Cleveland OH are tell me what kind of speeds youare getting on your new iphones?? I am only getting around 7Mbps speeds.. Where are these XLTE speeds at?

2. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

What phone do you have that you only get 7Mbps?

3. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

Iphone 6plus

tell me about it..i called verizon yesterday, waiting for level 2 tech to call me back.. Im indoors but still should not be that low

4. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

Xlte icon on phone?

DOES THE IPHONE 6 PLUS ever actually show an XLTE logo when receiving XLTE??? my phone speeds are horrible and i have never seen an XLTE icon, Verizon says it should show that when available? is that correct?

5. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

I'm in Bloomington, IL. My iPhone 6 has never shown an xlte logo. It always just says Verizon LTE in the status bar. I know I'm using xlte though as I have had speedtests that are 70-100 mbps down. The best way to tell is to go into field test mode. From your phone's dialer, you dial *3001#12345#* , when the field test menu pops up click on servicing cell info. This will give you the band you are using and what the download and upload bandwidth are. You should be running on band 4 if you are using xlte and running on band 13 if you are using regular lte (in most locations). The download and upload bandwidth should be 10 and 10 on regular lte and 20 and 20 on xlte. To leave field test mode just press the home button. Best of luck in getting some more capacity in your area, that is pretty slow.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

No. XLTE is just Verizon marketingspeak for having LTE on 2 bands now instead of 1. Actually, the second band they use is AWS (Band 4 or 1700/2100MHz) while their original band (Band 13 or 700MHz) is actually better indoors. Adding the extra capacity should mean that they can handle additional traffic better.

You can tell which band you are on by going into field test mode. From the iPhone keypad, dial *3001#12345#* and hit the “Call” button. Tap on "Serving Cell Info" and it will tell you what band you are on.

7. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Huh? I asked you what phone you had that got 7Mbps...

There is no XLTE icon. XLTE = band 4 vs band 13, that's it.

8. elykoj thread starter macrumors regular

I did

read the title in my response... It says iphone 6plus

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

The title isn't there to answer questions, that's what the message box is for. Most people don't read post titles, unless it's the OP.

10. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

One thing you need to understand is that "XLTE" is not actually a real thing. It's a nonsense marketing term Verizon created after fixing their TERRIBLE LTE network (not that AT&T's isn't terrible - where I live it is) and making it less bad.

That said, T-Mobile has more spectrum for LTE than Verizon in most major markets, and LTE in other countries can be far better. XLTE is just Verizon's way of:

1. Trying to trick customers into thinking they have something other carriers don't.

2. Telling their customers "hey, it isn't as bad as it used to be"