Click, click....Apple Store time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Armen, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Starting today my Apple watch has contracted the dreaded screen-on click disease. For those not familiar with the issue the watch makes a faint popping sound when the screen turns on.

Spent an hour on the phone with a senior rep at AppleCare and I have a saturday appointment at the Applestore. Let's hope they don't give me a hard time and just swap out my watch.

2. ivandr macrumors regular

For the most part it seems replacements have to be done by sending it in. I've had several issues with my watch and bands (as well as read about plenty others on here) and they all end up having to send the watch in for a replacement vs getting one at the store. Hope your experience is different but trying to help set your expectations. :-/

(With AppleCare+ you can get advance replacement... that means they send you a replacement watch overnight and then you send your watch back to them. The process for a replacement is still sending it in though)

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

I've already accepted the reality that Apple will most likely overnight me a new box and have me ship my current one back to them but it would be great if the store could swap it.

4. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

can you post a video? I'd like to see what the symptoms are. Myself and several coworkers have the watch and we aren't experiencing any issues so far.

5. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Basically when you raise your arm to look at the time the apple watch screen comes on by design. The problem is that some people are hearing a clicking/popping sound right as the screen comes on from the speaker.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7014215 - Apple forums

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/38afmx/faint_popping_sound_when_watch_face_comes_on/ - Reddit