iPad mini Click in headphone when sound go on/off on iPad rMini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mackiee, Feb 24, 2015.

1. mackiee, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

mackiee macrumors newbie

Just started to use headphones with my iPad rMini and found an irritating issue. Whenever an app will start using audio I will get a faint "click" or "pop" sound in the headphone. The same if I close an app that used audio and return to the home screen. After about 5 sec I will get a low "click/pop" sound. It is not a loud sound but I can easily hear it in a silent room.

This can also be easily repeated if I have the keyboard sound enabled. If I go to for example Youtube app and tap the search icon the keyboard will show and I will hear a "click/pop" (without touching the keyboard). If I close the keyboard by tapping anywhere else (i.e. not on the keyboard or the close keyboard button) I will also hear it.

Seems to be related to that the iPad switch the headphone circuit on and off at these times. I have tested the same on an iPad 3rd gen and on an iPad Air but have not experienced the same... Also, it does _not_ increase in volume if I turn the volume up and it does not go away if I turn it all the way down.

Is this related to the rMini model in general or do I have an hardware issue here? It is really irritating hearing that click/pop... :(

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

That is indeed a typical artefact of power saving on audio circuit being turned on or off when it's not in use, I have it with my ipad air 2 and have had it on several macbooks.

3. mackiee thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so then I'm at least not the only one having this issue... It would be interesting to know how common it is since it seems to vary between units. The other two iPads (Air and the 3rd gen) does not have this problem.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

They all do it. Noticed this for years on my iOS devices.