Click /pop sound after 10.6.5 update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lordedmond, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Lordedmond macrumors regular

Any one else notice a click pop sound when opening a app from dock after the 10.6.5 update ?

I mac i7 27 inch late 2010

also a friend also has this sound on his late 2009 21.5 iMac

2. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

I get a random popping sound, but it also pops when I play any sound after about 5 seconds of silence. Like it has to wake up the sound hardware and it pops every time :(

3. kaplanfx macrumors member

Same comp, I have the i7 27 inch iMac. Same issue, I didn't think there was a connection until I realized it started right after the 10.6.5 update. When I went on line to look, seems many others have this as well. My pop is really just random, every few minutes.

-kap

4. AndyfromTucson macrumors member

On Macs you will often hear a pop when the sound card goes to sleep, which it will do automatically if no sounds are played for a short period (I haven't measured how long before the sound card goes to sleep).

To test if this is the source of your pop sound just play music using iTunes and then try to reproduce the popping sound. If it doesn't happen while music is playing on iTunes that means its from the sound card going to sleep.

5. Lordedmond thread starter macrumors regular

the sound is more like a pink, it is in fact the tink sound

its like you have made a double mouse press and has only happened since the last update there is a discussion on apples site about it but as usual it has gone off track

thanks for the responses