Click sounds from mini audio out

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dleh, Jun 7, 2007.

1. dleh macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Forum newbie here :eek: . I'm getting occasional clicks from the audio output of my G4 mini. At first I thought it might be the speakers (JBL creature II) but I've noticed it in a set of headphones plugged in too. I tend to notice it mostly in GarageBand, although I think that's just because I'm using it quite a lot at the moment

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? Should I ditch the mini's own audio out and get something like a Griffin iMic instead?

Regards,

David.

2. Vorbis macrumors newbie

Could be a latency issue, if it's only happening in audio apps, but not if you are just listening to mp3's etc.

3. dleh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, you may have hit on the problem there. I've just done a search to see if this is an issue with KORG Legacy Collection which I'm using as a VST plugin in GarageBand. Sure enough I can see one or two mentions of this as a possible problem. The KORG specs do state "Audio interface with a low latency will be needed to play software synths in real time."

So does that rule out the built in mini audio interface?

4. Vorbis macrumors newbie

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I have used iMic for recording before and for the price it worked very well for me. I've never used for audio out though.