Click to Flash problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Murl, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Murl macrumors member

So I installed click to flash when I first bought my macbook air and it worked flawlessly. I noticed not too long ago that it stopped working. Now all flash videos and advertisements play when you enter the page and I no longer have to "click." I figure there is some other application playing the flash video but how do I figure out what it is and get the click to flash back working again? I am running the latest update that just came out for Lion and using Safari.

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Had you done any research you would have found out that Safari 5.1 works differently and Click2Flash no longer works....HOWEVER, there is another dev that has a version that works perfectly.

http://hoyois.github.com/safariextensions/clicktoplugin/

I've been using it and its awesome...it defaults to h.264 when its available.

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

just go to the safari extensions page and install click2flash from there

4. Murl, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

Murl thread starter macrumors member

I installed click to plugin from the site you provided and it still doesn't block any of the flash content. Could I have something in internet plug-ins that is playing it? After I install Click to Plug-in it doesn't show up in the Internet plug-ins folder.......

5. Murl thread starter macrumors member

So I have click to plug-in loaded but I can't get rid of click to flash. I added com.apple.Safari to the whitelist and everything works so should I just leave it? I searched in spotlight and can't seem to find the click to flash from the site provided in the above post.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

7. Murl thread starter macrumors member

I loaded "Click to Plug-in" first and that didn't seem to change anything. I thought well maybe I need "click to flash" I installed that and it still doesn't block flash. I can right click in safari and see the preferences for both "click to plug-in" and "click to flash" but neither of them seem to be blocking flash. Where are these things installed? I can't find them in the Internet Plug-ins folder or just searching the MacHD.

I have several plug-ins in the internet plug-ins folder but those two are not in it.

8. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Safari extensions are kept ~/Library/Safari/Extensions

9. gentlefury macrumors 68030

All I installed was Click2Flash and it works great. I have it on my MacBook Air and Mac Pro.