Click to Flash Rocks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by case2001, Aug 28, 2012.

1. case2001 macrumors 6502

I know this is in the forum about click to flash, but.....

I don't like to install extra software on my Mac, but today Flash ticked me off for the last time. I was browsing a non-video intensive site. Only small ads were on the page. My CPU usage shot to over 50% while I was reading the page. Fired up system usage and there is flash using 49% of my resources. My fans shot up to 3000. So, I try to install an old version of click to flash and when that does not work, I Google and find I can simply use the add on feature of Safari.

This is amazing. Why haven't I done this sooner. I cannot relate how awesome it is to be able to turn off flash and browse without any lag!!!

If you are not using Click to Flash, give it a whirl. It Rocks!:)

2. LeeM macrumors 6502a

downloaded it and installed it, no trace of it anywhere :s

3. case2001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha,
    I guess my point is that Click to Flash really works as advertised!

4. LeeM macrumors 6502a

no i mean no trace of the app, cant find a menu to turn it on/off

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you used the extension, go to Safari > Extensions. If you installed the plugin, Safari > ClickToFlash.

6. case2001 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did the same thing. Old version I tried to install from zip file from the click to flash web site. When I could not find it, I Googled and found out you install it from the Safari add-on option within Safari. Works great. i am not sure if the first install that i did caused any problems.

Is there anything I should to do remove it or check?

Thanks

7. LeeM macrumors 6502a

just doesnt want to work for me this. i got the preferences window open within safari but that then woudlnt close

8. Arizor macrumors member