click to plugin 2.6.1

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by UKmacman, Feb 26, 2012.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

I got this plugin to stop the flash and save the battery but I find that when I go to youtube and watch a video it takes forever to load. I have a good internet connection but does everyone have this problem? Is there a better solution than this plugin?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The ClickToFlash plugin will not affect load times for videos. It only affects whether or not you want the flash to load. Load times are primarily a function of your internet connection and the site itself.

3. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I originally intended to load but when you go to their website it says something like the latest version does not work with the latest version of lion so use this one instead. Or have I got it wrong somehow?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you getting it from here: ClickToFlash and do you have the plugin or the extension?

5. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, i had the plugin version of what I had. I installed the flash version, what is the difference.

Also works on some websites but on youtube when I chose a video it still automatically starts - is this normal?

6. darkheroz macrumors member

I have same extension with same problems - slow preview, lags and freezes are common, especially for HD videos. When turning off extension, things become better !

7. Cmd-the-World macrumors regular

The difference between the plugin and the flash version is that the plugin version disables all plugins whilst the flash version disables only the flash plugin.

The auto play feature is an option that you can disable.

Go to click to flash plugin preferences then click on the media player tab and in the bottom there is an option to auto play in certain websites. By default YouTube is listed. All you have to do is delete the YouTube link and it would stop auto playing YouTube videos.

8. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

many thanks. I shall report back if further issues!