Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

*GeekChic

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Seller doesn't ship outside the US. What's with the screwdriver/tool? They look like Click adapters, but are there screws?

Also not available in black (need it to match my watch) :)

The tool is used to push the spring bar in so that you can remove/install it. It's used for spring bars on my "normal" watches too. There are no screws, just the spring bars.

----------

Chinese sellers are already shipping the exact same thing as click is making. So tempted to pull the trigger...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281688911285?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Go go it, I did :D

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
The tool is used to push the spring bar so that you can remove/install it. It's used for spring bars on my "normal" watches too. There are no screws, just the spring bars.

Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying.

I'll msg the seller - see if they're going to offer black later, as well as aluminum and space grey. (and prod them about only shipping in the US). :)

Edit: Hmm. Unable to contact the seller. That's a little fishy.

Last edited:

*GeekChic

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying.

I'll msg the seller - see if they're going to offer black later, as well as aluminum and space grey. (and prod them about only shipping in the US). :)

Edit: Hmm. Unable to contact the seller. That's a little fishy.

You're welcome...that is weird that you can't contact him. I just messaged him your questions, but I found the option through the adapter I bought from him.

He did ship them, at least, and I'll report back regarding quality when I get them.

Once they make other colors, that's it for Click. I wanted to back them but I'm too impatient.

Last edited:

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I don't like the way it looks from above in pictures. Elongates the profile of the watch into a long rectangle

Just as a heads up, their kickstarter page has a new prototype picture that looks a LOT better than what's on their website. It actually looks pretty good now.

f3b689cd95762a713ef2d7a7cf53d5f8_original.JPG

From the update, though, it sounds like it's gonna be a while before these things ship - they hope to have production samples "soon". Full disclosure: I have not pre-ordered. I will be buying the first MFAW springbar adapter that hits the market that looks good with the silver Sport case.

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
Looks like click, but it's not. Also, for the 42mm watch the width of the lug is 24mm.

toOcuQo.jpg

BravoRomeoHotel

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
I just emailed Click to get a refund from my Pre-order (non-Kickstarter). They are taking forever and I'm growing impatient. After seeing the update to "production samples", that was the last straw for me. Not mad at them, just impatient

Reactions: Knightcastle

faqrulesyou

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015
I'm cool with waiting however long it takes for them to get them sent out. The BSB on my 42mm SG is doing great for me in the meantime.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
I won't need them immediately either but it will still be nicer in the long run.
The screw-type adapter isn't made to have the screws changed that many times and I wouldn't trust one without applying Loctite which only makes the process even more involved.
A simple spring-bar will make things much easier.

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
Just as a heads up, their kickstarter page has a new prototype picture that looks a LOT better than what's on their website. It actually looks pretty good now.

From the update, though, it sounds like it's gonna be a while before these things ship - they hope to have production samples "soon". Full disclosure: I have not pre-ordered. I will be buying the first MFAW springbar adapter that hits the market that looks good with the silver Sport case.

Which looks better? 22m or 24mm bracelet on a 42mm watch, you tell me.
C8FfPF8.png

24mm Bracelet on 42mm watch
rARgtnj.png

Click's 22m Bracelet on 42mm watch

mrjoeyjiffy

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
From that picture the click adapters look very unfinished in the cut and angles of the adapter compared to the ones from the ebay seller freedomoclock09 that people are linking to in this thread, I have the same ones from ebay and for 17 dollars they are killer, would easily be worth twice the price.

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
Shipping date on their retail site has changed to July.

They are now projecting early to mid July. They have made several changes to their design based on "investor" feedback and are saying that the delays are due to their extreme diligence with the goal of getting it right out of he box. I believe them even though I'm a tad frustrated that it's taken so long. Given my general disappointment so far with most of the 3rd party adapters I will be thrilled if they accomplish their goal of "getting it right", even though its caused delays. Fingers crossed!

bbqryan

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Anyone got a link to adapters that go with the aluminum AWS... I am waiting for Click at this point only because I don't want the shiny look along with the AWS.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
From that picture the click adapters look very unfinished in the cut and angles of the adapter compared to the ones from the ebay seller freedomoclock09 that people are linking to in this thread, I have the same ones from ebay and for 17 dollars they are killer, would easily be worth twice the price.
From the Click update:
"Note: In the image below, there may appear to be slight play and this is due to it being a 3D printed prototype (and it didn't come out perfect on the printer). This will not be present on final metal and polymer adapters."

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
It also fundamentally looks different than the existing adapters.

It turns the apple watch into a more normal watch bs the bars to add on straps

I have an inexpensive set of matte adapters. They're black not sg. They're fine but I ordered click for $27 as swapping bands is easier and it will actually match.

Anyone got a link to adapters that go with the aluminum AWS... I am waiting for Click at this point only because I don't want the shiny look along with the AWS.
Click has aluminum adapters not just stainless

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC

I have an inexpensive set of matte adapters. They're black not sg. They're fine but I ordered click for $27 as swapping bands is easier and it will actually match.

I too have a set of cheap adapters that I got "from the guy in Utica", and have returned two other bands, but I have high hopes for the Click. My expectation is that they will match perfectly (space gray Aluminum) and fit perfectly. And I also realize that high expectations are a set-up for disappointment. :) And if the click is not right then I may just spring for an Apple Leather Loop and be done with it!

bbqryan

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010

I know... I have Click on preorder, I'm just wondering if there are any others out there because of the delays.

Reactions: giggles
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.