Click wheel protection

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sam10685, Feb 2, 2008.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I am going to get an 80 gig ipod classic hopefully next week and i've been looking at cases and so far the Contour Showcase is my favorite but I kind of want something covering the click wheel. Would getting an extra silicone jacket work or iis it in the showcase pretty tight?

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Stay away from the silicone cases, they cause more damage than good over time, as they collect dust and keep the dust and dirt under the case, scratching your ipod. I would recommend a hard case like the Agent 18 line, they offer full front and back protection, with a special piece of plastic over the click wheel so you can still use it. You can get a silicone case if you get a protective film on it, like a screen protector.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i have personally had showcase for the iPods i have owned and also have one for my iPod touch...my opinion is that you should do just fine with that as your means of protection-- totally agree with the poster above about silicone trapping dust and in the end scratching and damaging them-- apple has a 14 day return policy, so if you get it and decide you do not like it, return it with the packaging for something else.

4. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

Thank you! I'm going to get the Contour showcase.