Click2Flash no longer offering Quicktime option for YouTube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tryxx, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Tryxx macrumors newbie

I installed Click2Flash a while ago, and I used to be able to decide whether I wanted to load Flash or H.264 versions of YouTube videos by right-clicking on the gear symbol on YouTube videos.

However, now it only offers me Flash versions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the latest stable version (1.5.5 and the Beta version 1.6b9) of Click2Flash, but the problem continues. YouTube isn't on my Whitelist (I deleted everything from my Whitelist to be certain that wasn't an issue), and I have tried changing the few options in the Click2Flash Preferences menu, but nothing works.

I am running Safari 5.0.1.

??? Are H.264/Quicktime versions simply no longer an option with the current version of Safari?

Any help would definitely be appreciated!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Example link?

3. Tryxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Any YouTube link will serve as an example; I bounced all over the YouTube site trying all sorts of random videos, and I was always and only offered Flash versions by right-clicking.

Is that what you mean?

Here's a screenshot, if that helps:

[​IMG]

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Are you using the Extension or Click2Flash older software?

5. Tryxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Currently, I've got the beta version of 1.6b9 installed. I also had the problem with the latest stable release, 1.5.5.

6. ranguvar macrumors 6502

Same problem here. One day it just disappeared.... I guess YouTube changed something in their code.

7. Tryxx thread starter macrumors newbie

At least it's not just me!

8. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

9. Tryxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue with the way I had it installed or configured. Thanks, everyone!