Clickiness on Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mikool12, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Mikool12 macrumors newbie

My Macbook Pro's trackpad has lost it's clickiness, I know it's a petty problem but it's bugging me, just incase it grows into a larger problem

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Which of the many MBPs released since 2006 do you have?

Do you still have warranty and can contact Apple about this?

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Do you mean that when you press the trackpad down it just depresses and like standard keystroke but not clicking sound at all? If so then take it to your nearest Apple service if you're still under warranty.

4. Mikool12 thread starter macrumors newbie

2009 Macbook Pro Aluminium Unibody, the one with no removable battery.

I've got Apple Care so I can contact them.

I compared it's "clickiness" to one in an Apple store and there's a great difference.

5. Mikool12 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's muffled more than anything, there's a sound, but it's different to other macbook pro unibodys. I don't know if i should be concerned.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well if it bothers you then take it to the Apple store to have it looked at but IMO, it's an improvement that yours has muffled sound, at times that trackpad click can be annoying as in quiet environments anyone around you can hear it which is why I would just use the tap feature.

7. Mikool12 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true. But I find the clicking very satisfying.

8. andrew086 macrumors regular

and I find fingernails against a chalkboard satisfying :p

if it really bothers you, you can bring it in, but most people would probably prefer a muffled sound to the loud click, as HLdan said.

9. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

So you're complaining that it's more silent? The click is too loud IMO.

10. Mirabella macrumors regular

I don't know whether this is the issue, in your case, but I'll tell you what it was, in my case.

With my pre-unibody MacBook Pro, the trackpad lost it's clickiness when the defective (removable) battery underneath the trackpad swelled up, preventing the clicker from working properly. The solution was a battery replacement. I had two defective batteries, and the trackpad losing its clickiness was the first symptom of failure of the defective batteries, in each case.

11. fluffyx macrumors 6502

The Genius Bar at your Apple Store can make adjustments to your trackpad, free of charge. Often while you wait!

Make an appointment and go on in.

(Trackpads on unibody MacBooks and MacBook Pros can be adjusted with the proper tools.)