Clicking and rattling - should I get my 4S replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jamesesesesess, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I noticed that since I got my iPhone 4S in October, that it makes a rattling noise if I tap the back around the camera. It sounds sort of like if you took a small rubber band and snapped it. It's not just if I tap it, if I tap something else with the back it'll make the noise even louder. Also, if I tap the back in the area around the side of the volume switch, it'll make a clicking noise. I know it's not just my finger because if I tap closer to the bottom and around the other side, it barely makes any noise at all. I thought that these were just how it was supposed to be until I started reading up on it. It doesn't really effect what I'm doing, but another strange thing has happend a couple times throughout my time with my 4S. I'll be in an app (most recently I was texting someone) and the loading wheel will come on for a few seconds, then the screen will flash a couple of times quickly, then it'll take me to the lock screen. It isn't that big of a deal, but buying from Apple I expect the best, and these small things get annoying after a while.

Should I schedule an appointment to see a Genius at the Apple Store? Do you think they'll replace it?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its the camera module. All iPhone 4S's, iPhone 4's, and most 3Gs' do this. It is normal.

3. Jamesesesesess thread starter macrumors 6502a

But what does that have to do with the clicking near the middle and the error thing? Also I looked and a lot of people didn't have the rattle issue...

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try restoring it to stop the crashing. If that doesn't work, take it to an Apple Store.

Just because someone can't hear something because of one's damaged hearing, doesn't mean that the thing in question doesn't make noise.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

search my username and find my youtube vids about the rattle

6. Jamesesesesess thread starter macrumors 6502a

I couldn't find anything?

7. E4tH macrumors newbie

I think you should go see the genius bar about this.

Also the rattling is normal just walk into an apple store and check for yourself with the iPhones on display.