Clicking in MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 Early 2008...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erickj, Dec 11, 2008.

1. erickj macrumors regular

So, I bought a new MacBook Pro about a month ago and it's great, except for one thing...there is a random clicking noise coming from the left side of the machine. It's pretty constant, sounds like a loud clock tick, and does it...oh, every six to ten seconds, give or take. I never run a bunch of stuff, it's mostly mail, safari, firefox, iTunes, adium. That's usually the extent, and sometimes vlc player.

It worries me that my hard drive might be failing already? Or is this normal. It's just one of those irritating noises.

MacBook Pro. Early 2008, 15", 2.4 Ghz, 200 gig HD, 2 gig of ram.

2. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

i have that same model mbp and it most likely is the harddrive,
    i occasionally hear this very quiet click from the bottom left hand side of my mbp

3. britney69 macrumors newbie

I have the same MBP. I don't have the clicking noise you're describing. If anything, it would be the HD.

4. erickj thread starter macrumors regular

Well, mine is not a 'quiet' click, I mean, it's like a clock tick. And it happens all the time, every 10 seconds or so, give or take. Although this morning it seems more like every 20 seconds. It does seem to generate from the bottom left side somewhere.

5. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

Read my blog, all the answers are in there.

BTW, this recent blog article of mine was yesterday (Dec. 11, 2008) featured on http://macsurfer.com

Welcome to the world of clicking HDD's!