Clicking noise from the Screen base

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alienworkshoper, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Alienworkshoper macrumors member

On that black cover thing that runs over and under the space where the screen connects to the computer. If I run my finger along it (applying hardly any pressure) It makes this clicking and creaking noise.

It also makes a similar noise when picking the laptop up from the back. DO they all do this?

2. mtip macrumors member

Mine doesn't.

3. Jottle macrumors 6502

Mine does. That piece tends to fit kind of loose on most mbp's. You could get a genius to replace it, but there's no guarantee that the new one would not make that sound. Unless it bothers you all the time, I would leave it alone. Plastic flexes. And that black piece (the clutch) is all plastic.

4. Politis macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch, now you got me running my finger along that black plastic cover. Yuk, it was dusty but only made one click. Are you the compulsive type?
    I am kind of obsessed by the loose, louder click made every time I hit the space bar.

5. Jottle macrumors 6502

Very much the compulsive type. So I try to "live with" any defects in my computer gear. It's a way of teaching myself not to worry about minor things.

6. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

On my 13" I had that problem, it was quite loose.
    Since getting my 15" a while back, the clutch cover (It's what that piece is called) has been perfectly tight and nice.