Clicking noise whenever I move my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by notclosetofour, Jul 10, 2011.

1. notclosetofour macrumors member

I recently got a 2011 13" i7 MBP and it has been great. The only thing that I am noticing is that whenever I move my MBP "abruptly" (and I'm putting that in quotation marks because its not like I'm throwing my computer around, its just when I'm like getting up or something of that nature) there is a single clicking noise coming from the right side. What is this and is this a problem that could/should be fixed or is it nothing to worry about?

Thanks!

2. SdPunk macrumors member

I have the 2011 13" and have the same issue. I strongly believe it is the Sudden Motion Sensor. It started for me on day 1 and the computer has not had any issues, so I would not worry about it. Enjoy and have fun with it. :D

3. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Most definitely the sudden motion sensor. However, I do feel that the SMS is much to sensitive on these new MBP. I will hardly move the computer at all, and I will somehow trigger the sensor. I believe that it's too sensitive. But that's my opinion. Nothing we can really do to stop it :p everything works fine so I'm not really complaining

4. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

It's the sudden motion sensor, the sound is the HDD heads locking in place. If you didn't hear it, you'd have an issue.

5. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Pretty sure it is the Sudden Motion Sensor as others have mentioned, no need to worry. Enjoy!

6. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

As stated, it's the SMS. It's very prominent in my 2011 MBP too.

7. scarboni21 macrumors regular

Please help. I think one of my speakers is blown on my iPhone. ;)