Clicking on the wrong icon in the Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by willybNL, Aug 7, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

So, how many times this week did you hit the wrong icon to open up a program...

I noticed all people around me also do it: you want to open mail, but click on safari... Not that you don't know you hit the wrong one, but your mouse was just next to it.

Can apple help here? Yes they can, by not opening directly, but with a little pauze to correct your mistake (of course, if you want, because people who don't like it should be able to disable this).

What do you think?

2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

If I open an app by mistake I just right click it and force quit it then procede to open the correct app. Your idea sounds much better though :)

3. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

I can't say I've done this very often. At least not often enough for it to be a gripe of mine or to stick in my memory.

I have my Dock arranged in groups and the icons have been there since I've been using Mac OS X. I kinda just remember where they're situated. And if I am confused, for whatever reason, I have magnification set on to just a slight notch above the Dock size.

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

It's an ingenious solution to a problem that doesn't really exist :)

I like my apps opening fast, and if i hit the wrong one i just Force Quit. Or use a launcher.

We'll all be 'touching' the dock soon enough anyway, so i wouldn't worry. Or would a multi-touch interface mean even more miss-clicks?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A pause before opening each app or link would drive me even more insane. Mate, just increase your Dock size or use magnification, as mentioned above. :)