Clicking On Topic Link From Forum Homepage

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by kolax, Aug 5, 2012.

1. kolax macrumors G3

If you click on topic links on the right hand side of the forum homepage, they take you to the most recent post in that thread.

I'd prefer it if it took you to the first post instead. Does anyone else have that preference too?

Attached Files:

2. Ddyracer, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Yeah, it's quite annoying. One way to avoid this is to use Forum Spy. It's not quite as informational as the Forum home but it works.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

You want to go to the begining of all of the 20+ page threads, every time?

4. GGJstudios, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As you can see from the column heading, you're not clicking on a link to a thread, but rather a link to the last post in that thread. There's no way to click on a link to one post and be directed to a completely different post that may have been posted a week, a month or several years prior.
    screenshot.jpg

ScreenCap 2012-08-06 at Mon, Aug 6,1.35.17 AM .PNG
    To have the option to view the thread in the order you prefer, you have to click on a thread link, not a post link.

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Any of the topics I click on as shown in the screenshot, I'll always go to the first page to read what it is about.

I never want to go to the last page/most recent post, because I have no idea what the topic is about till I read the first post.

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

As GGJstudios pointed out, there's a perfectly easy way to do what you want. Just click on the thread title instead of the link to the last post.

7. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I don't think you understand what I mean. I'm talking about when viewing the forum homepage, like in the screenshot.

8. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Ah, I see what you mean. The thread title should take you to the first unread post, and if you haven't read any of the thread it would be nice if it took you to the first post in the thread.

9. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Exactly - any topic that I'm keeping track of I'd subscribe and view through the User CP panel anyway.

10. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Yeah, I depend on email notification of thread subscriptions to keep me current in threads I'm either following or participating in. I've never tried or needed to go to the beginning of a thread directly from the forum front page.