Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooldus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
I’ve recently bought me an iPhone, and I’m pretty happy with it, except one issue. When I scroll to the search screen, the build-in speaker makes barely audible click sound, and starts to make very quiet noise.

Does somebody else have the same issue, is this bug typical for iOS 4.1? Thanks

Last edited:

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure they all do it. I thought it was an issue too until I found it on all of them. It happens whenever you pull up the keyboard or keypad. I think it has something to do with the speaker turning on since you can hear the speaker is powered after the click noise. Try it with the keyboard click tone turned off or the silent switch on and that noise should be gone. Both the iPhone 4 and 3GS do it.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Could it be either your "Lock Sounds" or "Keyboard Sounds"? Either of them can be turned on or off by going to Settings > Sounds, you will find them at the bottom of the list.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I've actually noticed some weird clicking sounds on my iPhone 4 the last few days. It usually happens when I have the phone on vibrate. I've been considering carrying mine into the store to have it look at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.