Clicking unresponsive when playing video in firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macmike22, May 27, 2009.

1. macmike22 macrumors regular

Hi there,
    Recently, my internet connection has been desperately slow. Anyway when I play video now, clicking becomes really unresponsive.. on all paltforms (megavideo, youtube, mtv, bbc iplayer). if its just changing volume, or pausing, or playing. Out of the video window - clicking is responsive again.. Any ideas?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

So the mouse tends to lag / not animate smoothly, and becomes increasingly unresponsive? It's the slow internet connection that's to blame, as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with your mouse or with your computer. While the video is playing, minimize the window and test your mouse on the desktop. Is it also slow then? If yes, your machine's probably ancient, and the video playing is hogging all its power and causing a bigtime slowdown. I've experienced this before, though in Windows on my ancient rig (that graced the trash about a year ago)

EDIT: Is the rig you were on about the one in your sig? If yes, forget what I said about it possibly not having the processing power. I still put it down to slow internet connection though. I'm quite sure that if you test it on a faster connection, you'll find the mouse doesn't display this behavior.

3. macmike22 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh im on the 2008 macbook rig.. I think i need to sort my internet out.. its painful!
    Thanks for the help - have a great day!