Clicking When Opening

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by goosin', Apr 4, 2016.

1. goosin' macrumors member

goosin'

I just got my MacBook. 2 weeks this week. The past few days I've been super busy and left the MacBook plugged in and left in a drawer next to my bed. Tonight I pulled it out and opened it up and there's a clicking on the hinge. I open and close the lid a bunch of times and it's still there. Sometimes it's several clicks while opening and sometimes it's as I bring the screen back at a farther angle. So mad that this is happening so soon.

I contacted Apple Support a few minutes ago. The guy who was helping me basically had me fill out a questionnaire on the problems I was having since they're interested in feedback on their new products. After answering a bunch of questions over 30 minutes, he just said "I'd just return it to Best Buy" and that was the end of that.

Has this problem happened to anyone else?

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

There's been scattered threads here about that issue since that product was released.

From what I remember, most have just either returned it for a new one (if it was within 14 day return period), had Apple replace it, or have decided to live with it (assuming that since those people usually disappear from their own thread without returning to provide any sort of closure.)

3. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Mine had a small issue when I bought it but it went away.

4. goosin' thread starter macrumors member

goosin'

I went to Best Buy today and was told I was on day 16 of the 15 day return policy (ugh!) so I went to Apple and scheduled an appointment for later today. Let's see how this goes. Hopefully they'll do a replacement so I don't have to go a few days without a computer.

5. goosin' thread starter macrumors member

goosin'

Just got back from my Apple Store appointment. According to the genius, this is "normal." However, when we went to the table that shows all the MacBooks, not a single one did it.

"Nothing I can do for you bro."

6. pbeitei macrumors newbie