Clicking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowwest, Sep 3, 2015.

1. snowwest, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

snowwest macrumors newbie

I don't know if this has been posted before, as this is my first post on these forums, but I just got an iPhone 6 and I'm coming from an iPhone 5. Is it normal that the phones home button makes a really loud click. Like I don't remember my other iPhones making this sound. I made an appointment at the Genius Bar, but I don't want them to laugh at me if this is a normal occurrence. My other home buttons were silent in the past.
    Please help. I love my iPhones but I want them to be perfect, haha. We pay for a premium product and I know it's probably cosmetic but I just want to make sure this doesn't turn into an issue down the line.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

If you came from a 5, yes it will sound different than what you're used to. The 5 doesn't have Touch ID. From the 5s and up the home button was changed and isn't anywhere near the same construction as the old plain button only home button. I would say what you are hearing is normal for anything 5s and up.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Every iPhone I have owned and home buttons that were different from the one before. I have never had one click really LOUD but they have sounded different and also felt different.