Clicks not registering on macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zyzzogeton, May 29, 2009.

1. zyzzogeton macrumors member

Sometimes in ALL programs (so far) I am not able to click certain stuff. For example, when I'm in Safari (4.0) I try to click a link but nothing happens. It shows me the clicking finger thing and I am able to scroll (I can not use the two finger scroll on the trackpad only the sidebar) and I am able to move the window around. I have found that I can fix it sort of by clicking the link millions of times. Oh also I can not right click the link but I can right click everywhere else.

I thought maybe it might be some of my 3rd party software but I doubt it. The only things I have installed are geekTool and this Cleardock replacement called Mirage.

Any ideas?

2. tj53 macrumors member

Create a fresh account and see if it happens there. (To test against locally installed 3rd party stuff.)

After that your options are to either do a fresh install or boot up from another boot drive, to test that the hardware works.

3. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

How long have you had your MacBook, and what model is it?

4. zyzzogeton thread starter macrumors member

I have the white macbook (the right before the newest one) and I'm going to try the new account thing and report back. FYI the clicking thing happened when I tried to post this...
    \

5. zyzzogeton thread starter macrumors member

figured it out by accident while playing bejeweled. Somehow the mirage mod caused it so that any clicks in a certain area near the dock (no matter what app) caused it so you couldn't click there. So stay away from Mirage...