Clicky Space bar MBA 13" 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Peteyy, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Peteyy macrumors newbie

Peteyy

Hey Guys :)

I have had my air now for 12 days and absolutely love it. It is my first mac and feel like I still have lots to learn :) Preramble over...

My spacebar feels / sounds a little clicky if pressed on the far left or right compared to the other keys. Is this normal? Or should I go and bother getting a new one. Also the bottom panel makes a slight clicking sound but I think the screws may just need a tighten.

And advice is a appreciated, the Apple store is quite a way from me so i don't really want to do have to make a special trip.

Cheers, Peter

2. geekygeek macrumors regular

I have the same problem. My bottom case feel a little loose and sometimes when I push the bottom case up I here a little click and I think the space bar is normal mine does the same thing. The right side of my space bar seems to be flattened in as I cannot see any backlit light from the far right side.

3. Peteyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Peteyy

Cool thanks very much for your input, I heard that if I take it to the Apple store sometime they will tighten it up (from another thread). I never really notice the space bar whilst typing and if yours is the same I guess its normal.

Anyone else have the same thing?

4. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

I had a 128gb 13" 2011 mba for a day and it had a clicky space bar. I changed to 256gb 1.8ghz and it has no clicky space bar = go to store and get it changed.