client editable calendar/events page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by gonnabuyamac, Sep 20, 2008.

1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

i'm developing a static website for a client, but they would like a calendar/events section that is easily editable for them.

anybody know of good options for this?

2. montanachad macrumors regular

montanachad

I am 99% sure you need to go beyond a static Website and use some kind of server technology like PHP/MySQL.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Look at Google Calendars. They can be integrated into a site somewhat and be editable.

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

If you want to write your own, there are free PHP applications available to install on your server and tweek.

If it were me, though, I'd look into Google Calendars. I'm also in the process of reviewing rememberthemilk.com, which is compatible with Google Calendars.

5. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Google relies heavily on Ajax (Javascript) which means those with JS disabled will be left in the cold. This might be fine for some, of course, just mentioning. Otherwise it's alot of extensive server side coding and less "cool" stuff like write-in-place event edting via Google's awesome API. But for PHP freeware solutions just google "easy calendar" and you'll see plenty of choices, including plugins you can get for Drupal, Joomla, and other popular open source CMS's.

-jim