Client Setup Issues

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by dieseltwitch, May 22, 2015.

1. dieseltwitch macrumors regular

In trying to setup a client (non-binding) Im getting some weird things.

My Primary example is setting up Contacts

in order to share contacts I made a "companycontacts" user that hosts all the company contacts. All the other users are excluded from the Contacts service as the company contacts user is excluded from all other services.

When I go to add the contacts user to a client machine. I use "Add Other Account". Here where the problem get weird. If I Use "Add an OS X Server Account" it will setup fine but the contacts group is unusable. I can't drag or drop into it and I can alter it and non of the existing contacts show up. However, If I use the "Add a CardDAV account" every thing works just fine....

Its not a problem thats stopping me it just a pain in the butt and is making worry about what else might be wrong.

2. dieseltwitch thread starter macrumors regular

I've also now noticed that when I set up a standard user account (Cal & Reminders) that they won't turn on.... I click the box next to them and a few seconds later they go off again....