Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Possumgal

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2015
N. Central Arkansas
You may not find many posted examples. It's one thing to post your experiences with a client anonymously, quite another to post the work for all to see and out yourself as the writer of the post. That's not good for business.

Reactions: elf69

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
You may not find many posted examples. It's one thing to post your experiences with a client anonymously, quite another to post the work for all to see and out yourself as the writer of the post. That's not good for business.

I know, it is not like those "design me this" threads, where the pedobear turns into a unicorn. But those are probably a thing of the past for now.

I just wanted a good laugh, and learn what not to do when asking for something for free when searching for a designer myself. Something like that.

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
How generous a professional designer is willing to be solely depends on the individual. So you’ll just need to communicate with them until you find someone that you’re comfortable working with.

Being upfront, direct and completely transparent is going to be the best approach before you even commit to hiring someone to entrust with your brand. Some individuals will make that extra effort, without charging you for it, if the overall project is a big one (and the potential to build a working relationship with a client is there), just for the sake of good will. Others will charge you for the slightest of effort: a phone call, an email, a minor revision like changing the color, etc. Absolutely nothing wrong with asking any questions before you commit to a contract.

Keep in mind, as always, that you do really get what you pay for… So start with someone who can provide an impressive working portfolio, and go from there-- rather than go by the recommendation of a friend/ associate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.