Climate Control for Editing Stations

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by videoed, May 7, 2011.

1. videoed macrumors regular

Hello all,

Just wondering what peoples opinions are for the maximum average room temperature for video editing stations.

Thanks!

ed

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

In my experience a room temp above 80 degrees Fahrenheit is a danger zone and 85 is when you power everything off.

Lethal

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I insist on temps below 72 or I can't concentrate anyway. First thing I do when I get into a bay is crank the AC, my home office is set to 66 to offset the heat generated by my gear.

4. gameface macrumors 6502

It completely depends. A room with a Mac Pro in it should be as mentioned not very hot or humid but I wouldn't get too worried about it. If you are comfortable, the machine will probably be OK. Climate control is much more important for a rack of raids and servers.

5. Babybandit macrumors regular

In summertime, I would generally have the room Air Conditioned when I edit. Oh, and having a Cold Drink around helps!

It really depends on you. But for me, I can't edit well when it gets hot. And logistically, your computer will shut off once it reaches a designated temperature for safety reasons.

The Maximum temperature for me would probably be around 25degrees celcius. Anymore and it starts bugging me!

6. mBox macrumors 68020

overkill

Im in a 12 foot by 12 foot room.
    Both Avid and Protools along with all the old/new decks, xserves, apple xserve raid, a few g-tech fc xl and a slew of digi/avid hardware (too many to mention).
    all that are on ups in a controlled rack.
    however the upper foreheads got a bit crazy and put an air-unit that can power a two floor building just for that room.
    yes you need a parka :p

as long your comfortable you and your gear should be fine.