Clip away the intros from TV Shows?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ericksgotmac, Dec 6, 2009.

1. ericksgotmac macrumors regular

I have ripped the 10th and 11th season of South Park with Handbrake and everything went fine except that each episode begins with the ENTIRE intro. I have about 30+ episodes and was wondering if their is any way to clip out the first couple of seconds from each episode at once or at least at it to a queue and have the process automated.

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Check to see if the first chapter is just the intro. If it is, then you can start at chapter 2.

3. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

4. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

The first chapter is episode 1001 and chapter two is 1002. That is to say that it's the from the tenth season (10) and the first/second episode (01/02), when I say the intro I mean it has the part where it goes "I'm going down to South Park just to see some friends of mine, friendly faces lalalala". Instead of that I want it to just begin at the part where the episode really begins. I got the idea from www.southparkstudios.com because that's how all their episodes begin.

5. Transporteur macrumors 68030

In case that you can import them in Quicktime, you can easily trim the video.

6. ericksgotmac thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any faster way? Somehow I can clip the first 15 seconds of every file at once? Using Quicktime would be pretty time consuming.

7. Transporteur macrumors 68030

Such like a automated process?

As far as I know there is no such software, but maybe you could automate it with automator/applescript.

If you figured out a method to do that, please let us know, I think that's worth knowing for a lot of people.