Clip Size in Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sargonkiadi, Jun 15, 2009.

1. sargonkiadi macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've been given a CD with wonderful png's that form overlay's, however don't have any kind of software to make it animated (other than Final Cut Express)

Is there any possible way to set a clip size before import, or before they are placed into the timeline? (Shortening 450 images doesn't sound like a fun day)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you mean "clip length/duration" by clip size?

If so page 802 of the FCE manual:

Changing the Duration of Still Images

Once an image is edited into your sequence, it has a default duration of 10 seconds. However, you may want the image to play for a longer or shorter duration. There are a few ways to change the duration of a clip.

To change the default duration of still images:

1 Choose Final Cut Express > User Preferences, then click the Editing tab.
    2 Enter a new value in the Still/Freeze Duration field.

Note: This setting only affects graphics imported after you change this setting. Previously imported graphics still retain the same In and Out points.

3. sargonkiadi thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah-hah,

I wondered what happened to page 802 in my manual!

Thanks so much for this information, as I indeed did mean to say Clip length/duration.

In the meantime I found another way to achieve this as a temporary solution, and perhaps one that others might find interesting, if you will be wanting to have different speeds throughout your timeline.

I highlighted all the still images, right clicked, chose "Duration (00:...)" and entered the time I was wanting to have, "00:00:00:01"

Thanks Spinnerlys