Clipart for NeoOffice or iWork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TemeculaMac, Nov 12, 2007.

1. TemeculaMac macrumors regular

The last and final thing holding my wife back from using iWork or NeoOffice, is the lack of clipart. Is there a site where I can download a whole slew of clipart, similar to what's in MS Office? She likes Word because she does a simple search for a clipart item, and it returns with a list of matches. Hopefully, I can get something set up that will make her clip art frustrations in NeoOffice/iWork go away.

Thanks,
    Gary

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

3. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Agree...but that's not helping my situation :( My wife loves using the mac for everything but this.

Anyone?

4. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

The clip art in Office can be used in iWork. If you don't have the Office "test drive," you can download it, run one of the apps, move the clip art, templates & fonts to another folder & then uninstall the test drive using the included uninstaller. The fonts can be useful if you received documents from Office users. The iWork apps can use the templates, too. You might have to add the appropriate file extension for them to be recognized.

Otherwise, try a Google search for free clip art.

5. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much! I noticed the clipart is in "wmf" format...which I assumed was a windows proprietary format. I'll see if iWork can read these images.

Thanks again!

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Odd. The clip art in my Office > Clip art folder are standard PICT, GIF & JPG. I don't know if Pages or Preview can open WMF, but GraphicConverter should.