Clipboard / holding area in Xcode?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by larswik, Dec 29, 2011.

1. larswik macrumors 68000

Hi, I was just wondering if there is some kind of a storage area in Xcode for my code. I am testing some code and I want to remove a chunk temporarily. I have been using a TextEdit file that I would copy paste to but wanted to keep it in my project instead of a separate file. Just a blank document that won't get complied or give me errors that exists within my Xcode project, if possible?

Can someone recommended something it there is something?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Why not just comment-out the code using /* */ ?

3. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

That is what I was doing as well as copying it over to a text file. I'm trying to keep clean looking code and less stuff to look at on the screen which is less distracting when I jump around. Looking at the 'new file' I can create a blank RTF file. I am guessing that would be safe to use as a scratch board so to speak?

I know it is such a small thing but it is a habit that I formed as I learned to make the screen less intimidating and focus on the code that I am working with.

Thanks

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You know you can collapse sections of code too, yeah?

5. larswik thread starter macrumors 68000

I just learned something new Dejo, I just tried it and that will work perfectly. Now I can comment it out and hide it.

Thanks man!