Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Hi, I was just wondering if there is some kind of a storage area in Xcode for my code. I am testing some code and I want to remove a chunk temporarily. I have been using a TextEdit file that I would copy paste to but wanted to keep it in my project instead of a separate file. Just a blank document that won't get complied or give me errors that exists within my Xcode project, if possible?

Can someone recommended something it there is something?

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
That is what I was doing as well as copying it over to a text file. I'm trying to keep clean looking code and less stuff to look at on the screen which is less distracting when I jump around. Looking at the 'new file' I can create a blank RTF file. I am guessing that would be safe to use as a scratch board so to speak?

I know it is such a small thing but it is a habit that I formed as I learned to make the screen less intimidating and focus on the code that I am working with.

Thanks

larswik

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I just learned something new Dejo, I just tried it and that will work perfectly. Now I can comment it out and hide it.

Thanks man!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.