Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaHawk2009

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
1. nice spotting
2. doesn't make you sound too cool, no offence.:)

this might be nice but does apple really need to do this? Surely everything is covered by 3rd party devs?

Whilst I see what you mean, for the utilities like Clock & Calculator, I think it's something that Apple should never have omitted from the iPad.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
1. nice spotting
2. doesn't make you sound too cool, no offence.:)

this might be nice but does apple really need to do this? Surely everything is covered by 3rd party devs?

I don't know of any 3rd party apps that can sleep the iPad with the timer. Plus, I've tried a lot of 3rd party apps for World Clock but have yet to find one I like. Yes, I know it's not cool to get excited over a little thing like this, but I've been wanting this since I got my first iPad. :p

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah, the problem with third party clock apps is that they don't work as well in the background or when the screen is off.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
nice catch, but I find that the icon looks more like a kitchen timer than a clock now.

high-quality-white-square-timer_mvfwzm1335325783880.jpg

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
Yeah, the problem with third party clock apps is that they don't work as well in the background or when the screen is off.

Exactly.

I hated the fact Apple didn't include this app from the beginning. The iPad is great in the kitchen but it didn't have a timer(!) wtf?

At least this and Siri are making their way over...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.