Clock app that runs in background?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by majordude, May 21, 2010.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I have a need for an alarm clock that runs in the background (like the Clock on iPhone). Hell, is there a way to copy the iPhone app over to the iPad?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I want something like that too. I want an alarm clock.

3. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Exactly.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I read somewhere that if you open an app that has an alarm clock, set the alarm, and press the sleep button without first closing the app, then the alarm will work.

But I have never tried this. Does anyone know if this works? It is cumbersome but at least it is an option.

5. extremei5 macrumors member

extremei5

I have been looking for something like the iPhone clock app as well! So far i have found nothing remotely close for the ipad. Anyone find one please let me know. It's a bummer they didn't include it with the iPad as well :(

6. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

How effing hard would it have been for Apple to just give us the iphone clock/alarm app. It works GREAT! Every clock app in the app store sucks.

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I haven't tried, but I'd guess it wouldn't work (since 3rd party apps, even alarms, can't run in the background).

I'll try it and report back.

Here's hoping Apple either adds a clock app or iPad OS 4.0 comes soon (sooner than fall, that is).