Clock icon is actually a live widget

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
Did anybody else realize this? I was just looking at my home screen and noticed that the clock widget was a live widget with the current time being displayed and the second hand always in motion. I haven't had an iPhone since iOS 6 so I don't know if this is something new but I thought it was pretty cool.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Did anybody else realize this? I was just looking at my home screen and noticed that the clock widget was a live widget with the current time being displayed and the second hand always in motion. I haven't had an iPhone since iOS 6 so I don't know if this is something new but I thought it was pretty cool.
Yep, ios 7 had it.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
NYC
Ah nevermind then. Surprising that there aren't more live icons or that Apple doesn't allow this for 3rd party apps. Would be a pretty good compromise.

Oohara

macrumors 68030
Jun 28, 2012
Ah nevermind then. Surprising that there aren't more live icons or that Apple doesn't allow this for 3rd party apps. Would be a pretty good compromise.
Yup, I'm sure Apple could make some truly outstanding home screen widgets if they wanted to.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I never noticed it. I keep my Clock icon in a Useless folder and only use it when I need to set some clocks around the house.

Interesting to see it though, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.