'Clock Radio' bugged my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jjlax328, Sep 3, 2010.

1. jjlax328 macrumors newbie

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I can see people complaining of the same issues in the reviews of the app in the app store, but its easier to gripe here and possibly find a fix.

So I installed 'Clock Radio' about 3 days ago. I've owned iPhones for years and have normally stayed away from these kinds of apps, but this one was and still is in the Top 25 (currently #18) list of free apps. Again, I knew that doesn't really mean anything and that garbage can tend to float to the top but I bit the bullet.

It was nice. I tested the alarm, it worked...but it didn't play the radio. After about 5 minutes I deemed it useless and deleted the app from my iphone forever...or so I thought.

...for the past 3 days, the same alarm I set in the app has been going off at 1:20am...EVEN THOUGH THE APP NO LONGER EXISTS ON MY PHONE!

How is this possible? Anyone else foolish enough to download this crap app and run into the same thing? Even funnier is that I thought maybe I could re-download the app, it will recognize the alarm setting still exists and cancel it through the app...NOPE. The app is now completely bugged and sits there on the same screen, frozen (not even displaying the time funny enough)

Even better, does someone know a fix? How could the app still push me notifications (it says, "The alarm is going off in 'Clock Radio'")..it knows the app name and everything. I checked settings, no app specific settings, nor is it in the list of apps for 'Notifications'

This whole thing is just driving me mad...never seen anything like it. Ghost app.

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Hmm, pretty interesting. I downloaded the app but haven't actually used it yet. Based on what you're saying, it may be a good candidate for deletion.