clock repeatedly goes wrong

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by philrose, Apr 25, 2008.

1. philrose macrumors newbie

hello all, does anyone else find that the clock on their IPT just goes wrong for no apparent reason? It's happened three or four times to me and it's frustrating as it means my alarms don't go off. Surely a machine as sophisticated as this could hook up to the net to check the time every hour or so whilst in wi-fi range?
    anyone got any solutions?
    Thanks
    Phil

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Is it synching to a computer that has the wrong time? Mine iPod's clock is always right, but then again so is my iMac's.

3. philrose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that but it only syncs to one PC and the clock is always right on that. Anyone got any other thoughts that might help with this?

Phil

4. philrose thread starter macrumors newbie

In fact, I just tried setting the clock wrong on the ipod and then syncing it and it didn't correct the time when I synced. Is there a setting to make the ipod adjust the time to be in sync with the PC, in iTunes, perhaps? Thanks

Phil

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

It seems to be an issue only iPod users synching with PCs encounter. Try checking the date. I've read about some PC users having the date set to 1969! Weird.

This link offers a few tricks, but none of them seem to be a satisfactory fix.

6. philrose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I guess for now I'll just have to keep opening iTunes after plugging in the iPod.

Phil

7. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I've had this problem. Its only ever happened with this iPod. My old iPod touch worked fine. I'm thinkingbof trading it in at the apple store in London when I next go. If your like me and keep all your calender items on it it is very frustrating to have them practically vomited at you when you correct the time. Do you find that the date changes as well?

8. philrose thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I think the date has always stayed correct, as far as I know.

Phil