Clock reset.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swiftflo, May 9, 2011.

1. swiftflo macrumors regular

After a transatlantic journey I found that I needed to reset the clock on my iphone 4. This was no problem, but when I tried the "Set Automatically" after I reset the clock to London time the clock was then 5 hours slow.
    Whats going on ?. Please.

2. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone - Please !!!!!!!!!!

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I'm guessing that your UK carrier doesn't send out a time signal - Orange doesn't seem to, not sure about the others. So, your phone defaulted to its last known time signal, presumably from a carrier on the East Coast of the US where they're 5 hours behind the UK. You'll need to reset manually.

4. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Strange this, the iphone kept time perfectly for the last 5 months including adjusting for UK summer time. I have reset it manually but I feel sure it was on Auto time before I reset it.

I have done a Reset on the iphone and have now been in contact with Orange who are sending me and email on what settings I have to correct on the iphone.

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

It would be useful to hear Orange's response - please share!

6. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Still awaiting the email from Orange, when I hear will post the response.
    However knowing Orange don't hold your breath LOL.

7. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Very helpful at Orange. The tech. guy I first spoke to could not help so he had words with a "higher level" tech. who suggested to restore the iphone as a new iphone and then resync. this has worked out okay, so iphone on Auto settings is correct London time.:D