Clock set to December 31 2013

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Some Guy you don't know, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Some Guy you don't know macrumors newbie

Some Guy you don't know

i just got my MacBook from school so I got the school lock, and I can't access most websites because it's locked on December 31 2013. I have no Adblock, my proxies and Internet is fine, but I can't access most websites like Kongregate, Google, Yahoo, and Google Apps even though I'm using Chrome. and yes, it's set time automatically.

2. KALLT macrumors 601

The reason why these websites don’t work is because the SSL certificates for https:// addresses are either not valid ‘yet’ or expired. This is pretty significant security issue, so it is important to set this right.

You cannot change the time in System Preferences? I assume you don’t have an administrator account?

3. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

If it's an issue then you should talk to your schools tech people about it and see if it's something they set up that way or if it's a glitch and can be fixed. My kids use iPads that are locked but they can access most sites that have usefulness. And many that don't.