clock stuck on 9:42

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by buymeaniphone, Jan 21, 2008.

1. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I just noticed last week that the time on the top of the screen on my iPhone is stuck on 9:42 and never changes. When I put the phone in standby and bring it back up it shows the correct time on the "slide to unlock" screen but after unlocking it the top still says 9:42. The last app I installed on the phone was Extended Preferences, so that might have something to do with it. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me an error saying Main Script execution failed! Not sure what to do, any ideas?

2. dsgalit macrumors member

On the extended prefs app. you installed there should be a "fake time" option, i think you turned it on and thats why that fake time
    '9:42" is always showing! Try going back to it and turn it off. On why you can't uninstall the app., i dont know why you shouldn't be able too! :confused:

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I had this issue, the uninstall issue and it seemed by installing BSD it helped. Not sure if that'll help.
    And on a side note, I read this as "clock stuck on 1942. ;)

4. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I've had this problem for a few days now, here's my thread on it: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=417532

I can't get extended preferences to uninstall. All the options are gone, but installer thinks it's still installed. I tried reinstalling the BSD subsystem, and I got nothing. Anyone have any idea?

5. chriscoyne macrumors newbie

Thank You - This was driving me crazy.

Thanks buddy.....This was driving me crazy. For others with Extended Preferences go to Settings/Interface/Fake Time. Then turn it off.

Worked for me. Thanks

Chris

6. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

If you're time is stuck like me, and you can't uninstall or reinstall extended preferences, then here's a quick and easy fix. Go into your iPhone's directory via SSH, navigate to /private/var/root/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.apple.springboard.plist. I read about it from another forum, and it worked like a charm.

7. dsgalit macrumors member

No problem, Glad it worked man...

8. buymeaniphone thread starter macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

So for some reason I decided to update my phone to the 1.1.3 firmware and dump all my hacks and the clock is still stuck on 9:42, so now I have no way of using SSH to get inside and remove any files. I could try to completely restore it but I'd have to reset all my settings. I never thought having an inaccurate clock would bother me so much.

9. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Along the same lines, my iPhone is 1.1.3, O2 UK fully legit no jailbreaking unlocking etc and my countdown timer always adds 19 seconds to the time set, so 1 minute countdown is a 1.19 countdown in the timer!!!

Anyone else had this problem know of a reasonable fix??