Clock Time Zone Changes

zrated83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
So I live in the central time zone part of Florida. Yesterday I took a trip into the eastern time zone part. My Iphone 4 time switched over to the eastern time zone. It did not switch back over when I returned home. Anyone know why?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
So I live in the central time zone part of Florida. Yesterday I took a trip into the eastern time zone part. My Iphone 4 time switched over to the eastern time zone. It did not switch back over when I returned home. Anyone know why?
I notice that my i4 lags in switching back and forth between Eastern and Pacific time as I travel back and forth a lot. My 3G, admittedly, switched over very quickly.

I think there must be a tweak necessary in there somewhere.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Reboot?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I find that a reboot does, in fact, fix this...but the 2G and the 3G picked it up automatically even without a reboot.

Ars Diaboli

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2007
Southern Red State
I live in EST about an hour from the Alabama state line. I've noticed when I go to places like Cusseta or as far east as Americus, sometimes my phone will switch to the Alabama or CST zone. I don't think this is iPhone related. I think this comes from the network. If your time is updated automatically (I think that is done in the settings), our time is supplied by the network.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

I also didn't realize that FL had multiple time zones...the more you know.