Clock/weather widget on home screen (NOT lockscreen) with Winterboard?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NanoNyrd, Jan 6, 2012.

1. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

I have seen many great Winterboard lockscreens with fancy clocks and weather. But what about the home screen (the springboard), can Winterboard place a clock and/or weather widget there? I have seen hints on help pages that it should be possible, but cannot find any themes doing just that.

I do not want to change all my icons 'cause then I cannot find my apps :) (and there are always some "automatically themed" ones that stick out) so I am looking for simple themes that only adds a clock and possibly the weather.

Is it possible?

2. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Aren't the "Post your Jailbroken Homescreen" threads full of what you're looking for?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I found this today. You need to be jailbroken (which I did last night). Spent about a week looking for it. It works, but you have to edit a location file which I have not done yet.

My other phone is a Sprint HTC Touch Pro which I've heavily modified (all CAB files) to get a customized Sense UI with weather. So, while what I link to above is not quite the same (and does not appear to be animated) it's transparent (you can see your wallpaer beneath) and it fairly good for not being HTC.